Saturday, March 27, 2010

Inner Child Artwork

As old children between three and nine years, I had the pleasure of attending Kier's Kids', 'N' Stuff. In Martinez, California, the San Francisco Bay Area, it was the best day care around. Mrs. Kier had a lot of professional help so that my sister Laura and I had many friends. Until now, 20 years later, I'm still best friends with Kristen Dippo, my first friend ever.

My fondest memories of my day care experiences do art projects. Whether it was working with the salty clay, orSimply coloring, I enjoyed the creative process. I loved my degree to bring home to mom and dad are so it could put on display.

I grew up, and we moved to Washington. I sat down to enjoy art, especially the natural flow of watercolors. Since I was young, I had my time with my art pieces, so it's no wonder that I not the time limits laid down in art classes at school, get a bad grade.
While in school I had art as a means of de-emphasized to study after a hard week. OneClass I have taken the natural environment sculpture in the curriculum. It was fascinating to use the land as my easel and his stones, leaves, and twigs as my tool for expression.

After his return to Anacortes, I met Monica Oppel, the Arts and Crafts Coordinator, or the "art lady" of the Boys and Girls Club here in Anacortes. She told me it would be nice to help some. So, in the summer of 2002 I went to her and about 15 children for "Art in the Park". Together we have helpedChildren ages 6-15
make natural art through photographic paper (Sun. prints). When I helped the children, I remembered when I was your age curious, imaginative and creative. Each piece of art produced was so different than the next. Each beautiful in its own way. I was excited volunteer the next day to see what are the kids with the next idea, Monica and would help me.

I will never forget the project the next day: Plant squishing (Flower hitting) on special absorbentSubstance. This time I did the project with the children. I asked her to help me. A six year old boy gave me flowers, he thought, what would be good press. The result was really beautiful!

At first I could only help, "The Art Lady" max at the Boys and Girls Club for an hour. My tolerance and patience level was not strong enough to treat 20 children at once. But as the weeks and months wore on, I built up stamina and courage. The longer I stay in the presence of children, the more funI have. I learn from them, and I have to patients and their creative needs. Now I work two or three days a week with Monica. I even start going to help her set up for projects, and sometimes long enough to clean it in order to the chaos.

The Art Room is located in a quiet corner, kind of separated from the rest of the Boys and Girls Club. The room is quiet, we listen to the music or show tunes. Some of the children are regulars, while others rotate in and out. On anormal day, "The Art Lady" and I usually handle 10 to 30 children. The art projects are different everyday. Sometimes we have three different projects at once, depending on the degree of difficulty. Origami is very popular.

I have taken to sitting on the level of the children at the tables and help them one on one. I speak with them about their days at school and their families. I share my stories, what I was when I was her age and her as a youngAdults. We enjoy talking about animals since I pet-sit a lot. I have many funny stories about the animals in my care.

I've noticed that when I talk on the project with the children instead of just "what work they do, I have more energy, and I have more fun. So scattered around my house are the remains of my weekly meetings in the art room. I have woven a bean mosaic, three collages, a colorful patchwork quilt, a hand-made picture frames salted with positive words, a watercolor painting,Ceramic magnets, and I'm sure there are more goodies that I pass it on to friends. I made two framed works of art by Chloe (a few leaves in the pattern of a frog) and Amanda (Princess).

Every day that I is the Boys and Girls Club Arts and Crafts room visit as an adventure. It is a time warp back to my childhood. A chance to be creative, but helpful.



See Also : dvd monitor microsoft phone local phone

No comments:

Post a Comment